Pages

Thursday 5 June 2014

Hello Japan

I've had quite a few books joining my craft bookcase recently so this is going to be another post about a book :P Hope you're not bored to death:P Last Thursday this landed in my mailbox:


 - a parcel from Japan! Inside a quite unusual book in Japanese:


And a lovely piece of origami was attached with a few words of explanation. How cute!


The book is a collection of simple cross stitch motifs - just as I like them!


Here are few exemplary projects to stitch.
A nature-themed and home-themed stitches, lovely in natural greens and browns:


Something for the kitchen:


American style, sort of West Country look: (I love these!)


Rustic stitches for nursery:


There are plenty of botanical motifs in the book:


... in various styles...



Some projects for celebrations, cards and tags:


I spotted a couple of spelling mistakes. It's been pointed to me that the Japanese people are famous for misspelling English words and not paying much attention to it. Well, this book is a perfect proof of it.
Kitchen and food theme again:


Monochromatic samplers. I love simple stitches like these!


Floral borders:


Hearts and wreaths:


Sweet borders for various projects:


All the instructions are in Japanese, which is of course illegible to me. But I'm already familiar with the cross stitch techniques so I'll give these instructions a miss.


Basically this book is divided into 3 parts. 1st part shows the ready stitches, middle part is all about the explanations and how to stitch and the 3rd part is black and white charts for these projects.
I really like this funny Japanese collection of cross stitch patterns. I'm hoping to use some of these designs in my stitching projects in the future. 

1 comment:

  1. what lovely patterns :) great find!

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Love, leave a comment :)
Thank you for your time x x x