Pages

Tuesday 23 July 2013

I have a thing...

Now with so many holidays days to go and plenty of free time, I shall be treating you to my frequent blog posts. Be prepared :) 

Have I ever mentioned my new crafty fascination? Foxes... cute ginger foxes :) Today my awaited wooden Hero Arts stamp with a fox came through with the post to join up my other ordered polymer stamp. That naturally made me very happy as I'm looking forward to card making with these foxy stamps :) I even dug out a cross stitch kit with this supa cute forest critter. To be stiched very soon!


Two different stamps, two different images, one animal cuteness...


And when I saw at Tesco magazine shelf this one ... I melted away under this foxy knitted coziness!


This is a great issue of Let's Get Crafting: Knitting and Crochet - not only it's full of summer projects bursting with energizing colours but it also contains a lovely set of yarns and a set of cosy bamboo needles. I will obviously be trying to knit this fox cushion in the future (need to familiarize myself with the intarsia technique first) but there are also other fabulous coasters and mug cozies in this issue I'd love to be able to knit / crochet. If you wish to make similar projects, well, get your hands on this issue quickly - it's so nice that it will surely be flying off the shop shelves. 
*  *  *
And a quick update on my current cross stitch project. The poppy flower is growing and finally getting some shades and shape. It's only a stitched motif for a card but it's incredible how much time it takes to complete. It must be that shading of red that makes me switch between the colours shades non stop. Been working on it for two days intensively and yet there's plenty of backstitch to do.


The striking redness of a poppy is very rewarding though :) It should be ready very soon!

*  *  *
Update on the royal events: Yes, the royal baby is with us now. Born yesterday afternoon at 16.24 London time. Above all, congratulations to mummy and daddy - Kate and Wills and also to the whole Royal clan on their baby boy :) He will probably be a future king of Britain and hopefully I will live long enough to see it :) The whole British nation has gone baby crazy and is awaiting now for the royal couple to emerge from the hospital and for the baby's name to be officially revealed. I'm on my viewer seat, my telly is on... :)

*  *  *

Trixi & Mii Stitch - welcome my new followers 

5 comments:

  1. I'm so in love with that foxy pillow, I almost can't speak. SO CUTE! Looking forward to seeing what you get up to on your vacation. Keep the posts coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martha,
    thise Foxes are so nice and I understand, why you did have to take this magazine ;O)
    I am waiting for the name of the Roayl baby too :O)
    Have a happy day,
    love and hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely little progress on your stitching :)
    Love that crochet fox, this is a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes...that foxy cushion is so cute and I love how you get the yarn and needles too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cross stitch you are working on at the moment and those little foxes are very sweet. Thank you for the comment on my blog, it's nice to hear there are other people out there who finish off for others too!

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Love, leave a comment :)
Thank you for your time x x x