Hi all. Hope you all have had a good week.
I'm still having a play with my new rubber Christmas stamps from Noolibird. Here is the 3rd batch of my
Christmas cards, this time - with the Scandinavian reindeer - probably the best known Nordic symbol apart from the eight-petal roses (also called as Nordic snowflakes). I thoroughly enjoyed myself stamping those cards. There was also an opportunity to use some of my Nordic-theme papers :)
With a trimmed front to show the Nordic snowflake band :)
With a baker's twine - loving this festive string!
A small one, with rounded corners, baker's twine and inked edges...
...and with a stamped greeting inside
Gingham pattern seems to be just right for the red-n-white Nordic theme and so does the machine stitch. I just couldn't resist not using this paper. I love adding little details like tiny cowbells which, by the way, genuinely jingle. The devil's in the detail, no doubt :)
Another machine-stitched card. I used some of Marianne's dies here to add some texture and "interestingness"
Naturally, the brown craft paper is back again :)
I've also tried the red-white-n-blue combination of colours, combined with the red stamped images and machine stitched zig-zag.
Sometimes simplicity is the best. Here, only paper, stamp and embossing were used.
Stitched, stamped and glued...
Stamping and embossing combined with Glossy Accents in action :)
Now, last but not least, I'd also like to thank to Free Spirit Designs for awarding me this lovely badge:
Thank you very much. I am accepting this reward with a big pleasure. It feels great to be noticed and distinguished by a fellow blogger.
According to the awarding rules, you are supposed to give 7 random facts about yourself. I think I've already done that with my previous blog award but I think I could come up with another 7 extra random facts:
1. I love my kindle. I'm a great fan of ebooks and I like to have my ebook reader on me everywhere so I can read whenever I can. As you may expect my kindle is absolutely loaded with novels of all kinds.
2. I'm absolutely fixated on rubber and cling stamps - I can never stop to buy them! True stampaholic.
3. I could live without television but I can't live without the internet.
4. Two things relax me most - cats purrrring and the pitter-patter of raindrops at night.
5. I used to think that knitting and cross stitch are the most boring activities for patient grannies, now I find these crafts fascinating and therapeutic.
6. I'm a language-lover. I'd love to speak some old languages from the past like Old English or Old Norse
7. I never go with the flow. I love to divert from the common trends and fashions just to go my way. I hate being imposed on.
Also, welcome my new likers. Please, feel free to comment, feed back or just simply let me know about you coming here and I shall visit your blogs.