Pages

Saturday 29 September 2012

Book with Scandinavian Cross Stitch Motifs

Sometimes life really makes your day and such was the day when this book had arrived at my doorstep - Motifs Scandinaves Traditionnels by Valerie Schira - another fabulous collection of Nordic motifs for stitching and perhaps for knitting as well. It has become a great addiction to my craftbooks shelf. The book is entirely French and it's beautifully illustrated. I spotted it on this blog and fell in love instantly. I knew I had to have it and here is is! I bought it from this French online book store


There is a wide variety of single motifs for your own sampler compilation  as well as entire samplers to stitch. A few exemplary photos to show you what's inside the book.











The motifs in the book originate from the whole Scandinavia - Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland and Finland. They range from simple a few-stitch ones to more elaborate designs. If you're a cross stitcher in love with samplers, you should have this book! :)

A new batch of Heilo yarn has arrived recently too - 4 fresh bundles of off-white yarn for my julekuler. I use this colour a lot! I'm hoping to finish my target 55 knitted balls with this amount of yarn.


I also foster my interest in Scandinavia by some ocassional buys, for example like this wonderful festive plate from the BHStores with a central partridge in the pear tree design. 


Currently working on my 42nd knitted ball :) Not far to go!


4 comments:

  1. That book looks incredible! Definitely one I'd like to buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. The books is indeed worth buying :)

      Delete
  2. Wow that book looks beautiful - I love the intricate designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) the bigger designs are really great. Love them myself too :)

      Delete

Share Your Love, leave a comment :)
Thank you for your time x x x