Pages

Sunday 2 October 2011

Lattice Cookies

What a busy week I had! Mad mad mad days went by so quickly and I spent half of my weekend shifting around some furniture preparing one of the rooms for skirtboarding. Not much progress in stitches tho, neither project has been finished yet but I'm hoping to do it soon! But in the meantime I managed to bake these: 



Cinnamon lattice shortcrust pastry cookies :) I experimented with the hand cut lattice and the whole cookie arrangement. It's my home-made and hand-made creation for Hand-made Monday at Wendy's blog :) I love trying out new recipes and baking is such fun! Each time you make a little miracle out of flour, shortening and sugar. Then the over heat transforms it into something tasty and aromatic :) Isn't it great? I used the instructions for the lattice layout from HERE.
Each desperate or not desperate housewife needs sometimes to treat herself to some nice kitchen gadgets so for my home-made food creations I recently bought these:
cookie cutters!! I could have all possible shape and size in the world!!! Don't you?
I found these hand-shaped moulds incredibly cute!


Star-shaped cookie cutter is already classic and is what each of us has got at home. I am already building up my cooking gadget collection! 


This lattice cutter caught my eye in the shop straight away! No wonder, I already imagine a tray with hot steaming fruit lattice pies in my kitchen!!!



Some update on ceramic buys :) How could I resist such a lovely red-white spotted dish?!


I've been soooo much into dots recently, add to this that trendy retro charm and folky rustic style! The cup is sorta Scandinavian-looking so will blend in well into my Nordic decor at Christmas, I think :) 
Another recenty spotty-dotty buy for the kitchen:


and a storage box for my sewing fabrics :)


I must have contracted a dotty virus, as you can see :)

Get clicking guys, it's time for linking fun  - Hand-made Monday :) I'm linking up there tonight.

12 comments:

  1. Love all the dots and those pastry cookies look very tasty! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those cookies look amazing and yum, bet they tasted great too. I like you, love kitchen supplies & goodies. Shame i've run out of kitchen storage space for any more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cookies are making me hungry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well - as I read down your blog I kept thinking - 'I did that', then 'I did that'! I bought a reindeer mug yesterday and a cookie cutter (a little duck). My mug was in a tin too! Difference is, I haven't made any biscuits or even opened my tin yet - shall I keep it for Christmas? Lovely blog post - just up my street! Wonder what we'll do next week?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lattice cookies - very different! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going dotty over the cookies, yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just bought some red and white polka dot fabric so I know what you mean about being hard to resist. You lattice cookies look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOO Now I'm really hungry! Handmade Monday has that effect. I think I smell cinnamon... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cookies look MUNCH! Made me want to bake. And I can't bake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cookies. Love the blog. Love the kitty cat and love the 'keep calm and make cupcakes'. What more can I say. I'm a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cinnamon MMmmmm Lovely.
    I love the mug with the birdie on the handle and the red dotty accessories are fab.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know where you're coming from with liking polka dots - but don't let too many people know or you will have dot over load at christmas!I love the star cutters. xx

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Love, leave a comment :)
Thank you for your time x x x